UNITY, FMOD and OculusSpatializerFMOD: OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle not found

Unity: 2020.3.48f1
FMOD Studio: 2.00.10

Hello,

I have this error and I can’t get around it.

Error in Console:

SystemNotInitializedException: [FMOD] Initialization failed : Loading plugin ‘OculusSpatializerFMOD’ from ‘/Users/**********/Unity/Viking Village FMOD TEST/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/mac/OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle’ : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.

I have no sound in the game. I had this error with a different project so I started fresh with the VIKING Village game and a new FMOD session. I switched from FMOD studio 2.02 to 2.00

OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle is located in this path: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/mac/OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle

So why am I getting this error.

Many thanks!
Brona

Hi,

Just to clarify, have you added the string “OculusSpatializerFMOD” to the list of Plugins in FMOD Unity’s settings?

Hey Louis

Hey Louis,

Hope you are well,

Yes the plugin is added to the settings.
I have also moved all of the plugins into the correct folders within Assets–>Plugins–>FMOD

Would there be another reason it cannot load the plugin?

I am on mac and building for desktop at the moment

Thanks

Also when I remove the plugin OculusSpatializerFMOD from the settings in Unity and use the FMOD spatializer instead I get this yellow message in the console:

Plugins: Couldn’t open /Users/bronamartin/Unity/VikingVillageTest_FMOD/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/mac/lib/OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OculusSpatializerFMOD, error: dlopen(/Users/bronamartin/Unity/VikingVillageTest_FMOD/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/mac/lib/OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OculusSpatializerFMOD, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libthird-party_pffft_pffft.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/bronamartin/Unity/VikingVillageTest_FMOD/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/mac/lib/OculusSpatializerFMOD.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OculusSpatializerFMOD
Reason: image not found

But the sounds work fine when stop I using the OculusSpatializerFMOD

I can see you’ve made another post about this issue that my colleague Connor is handling in the following thread - OculusSpatializerFMOD path issue on Build Oculus VR - #14 by bronam - so I’m going to close this thread to avoid duplicating the issue. If you have any further questions, please ask them in the older thread.