2.02.17 SystemNotInitializedException: [FMOD] Initialization failed : Loading plugin 'OculusSpatializerFMOD' from '__BAD PATH__/Assets/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/win/lib/x86_64/OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll' : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND'

Hi,
Unity: 2019.4.40

I’ve updated from 2.02.06 to 2.02.17 of both Studio and Unity integration package,
I’m using Oculus Spatializer OculusSpatializerFMOD carefully written into dynamic plugins of both Editor and Windows platforms
When I hit the Play Button, FMOD ceases to initialise and throws:

SystemNotInitializedException: [FMOD] Initialization failed : Loading plugin 'OculusSpatializerFMOD' from '_redacted_/Assets/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/win/lib/x86_64/OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll' : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.

Notice the Assets/Assets/ part…

If I change line 82 in PlatformPlayInEditor.cs like this:

– string platformsFolder = $“{Application.dataPath}/{RuntimeUtils.PluginBasePath}/platforms”;
++ string platformsFolder = $“{RuntimeUtils.PluginBasePath}/platforms”;

Play in editor works, Bulid works

Great work, though
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi,

This is a known issue that is being resolved in the next release. Thank you for sharing your workaround.

I am really sorry to write this, but in 2.02.18 - its still not working. What is even worse, the fix above is not working anymore. I am not getting any sound. When I tested the same thing in 2.02.17, fix worked…

1 Like

I am taking it back - somehow, I don´t know why or when, FMOD setup wizard added two listeners to the same object. I deleted one of them and suddenly it started working. Sorry : )

1 Like

Hi,

No worries, thank you for sharing the solution.