Unreal engine 5.1 support

I put it in the plugins folder in the game folder.
Attached is also the error message
it appears whenever I try to open the game, and asks to rebuild the plugin
Thanks

FmodError

1 Like

I"m getting the same as the above issues. I removed FMOD, upgraded to 5.1, put the new 2.02 FMOD download into the projectā€™s Plugins folder, and itā€™s still asking me to rebuild. So I canā€™t open the project with the FMOD folder under Plugins.

1 Like

I am also getting the same issue and just wanted to make a clear version of the process I followed (I wonder if everyone did the same thing?)

1. Take a copy of my version 4.27 project and disable the FMod Plugin
  2. Remove the FMod Plugin from the folder.
  3. Open UE 5.1 and attempt to rebuild
  4. Open again and attempt to rebuild the project, and I get the same message as Odemilsonā€™s

EDIT: I havenā€™t solved this issue yet, but I feel if you get to the point where this message displays, it is probably for reasons other than FMOD. I am not sure yet but I find a problem in my code other than FMod I will update.

EDIT 2: Yes, in my case it was an unrelated issue. @odemilson Were you also upgrading? If thatā€™s the case, I would recommend opening your project in Visual Studio and trying to build from there. In my case, it seems the problems are a change in how the Hit events work and complaints about circular dependencies that werenā€™t a thing in UE 4.27

Does this error still happen even if FMOD has not been re-installed?

1 Like

I agree, give this ago. Rebuilding from Visual Studio might add some insight into what the error is.

1 Like

My problem is that I have no C++ source code at all in my project, itā€™s 100% blueprint, so thereā€™s nothing for me to even compile.

I am able to open the project if FMOD is not present in the project plugins folder (or the UE5.1 folder at that), but Iā€™m concerned with continuing future work without being sure that FMOD is working.

Having a Blueprint-only project can cause some errors: Unreal Integration | Troubleshooting. So it is recommended to add a blank code class, which will also allow you to recompile the plugin outside of Unreal.

1 Like

Well that did it, so Iā€™m in for 5.1. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Greetings, can you please provide me with clear information how to do this? I tried doing it on my own, but I still get the same error as mentioned above.

Hi,

Which step are you getting stuck on? Then I can help from there.

1 Like

Hello there,

Getting this error under UE5.1. Rebuilding doesnt work. Any solution?

Error

Thank you all.

Have you opened the Unreal Projectā€™s Visual Studio solution and rebuilt it in an IDE?

1 Like

Hi folks,

So I have a blueprint project created with UE4.27 using FMOD.

I tried to migrate to UE5.1 and got some troubles using FMOD again thatā€™s how I discovered this topic.

So here is what I did :
1- I removed the FMOD plugin and the Content/FMOD folder from my 4.27 project.
2- I opened my project with UE5.1 and waited to the migration to finish.
3- I downloaded the FMOD plugin from here https://fmod.com/download for UE5.1 and copied it inside the project\Plugins folder
4- I opened the project and selected FMOD Studio Integration plugin from the Plugins menu. It asked my to restart.
5- I restarted and got the same message as ComeOverGaming. I clicked ā€œYesā€ (I would like to rebuild them now). Then I got no message but I waited some times and the project finally opened up with FMOD enable. Of course I got the ā€œno master bank foundā€ pop up error.
6- So I closed the project, copy my FMOD folder back inside the content folder and here I am. Itā€™s working fine.

Hope this can help some others. Who knows.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this information.

1 Like