Unreal Engine 5.2 support

Hi, any word on when FMOD will be updated to support 5.2? I tried upgrading it myself and after fixing a few FMOD errors the remaining error that I’m not sure how to fix is this one:

FMODAssetTable.cpp : fatal error C1001: Internal compiler error.

Since UE 5.2 now supports Visual Studio 2022 as the default compiler I upgraded from VS 2019 as well which might be part of the issue. Anyone else having the same internal compiler error with FMOD, UE 5.2 and VS 2022?

1 Like

I fixed the internal compiler error issue so for now so I think I’m good, but it would be good to get a new release of FMOD at some point!

+1 looking also forward for the next FMOD version that supports UE 5.2 hope we get some infos soon. Until then I am forced to stay at UE5.1

Hi,

There currently is a task to add support for UE 5.2, unfortunately, I cannot provide a date when it will be completed at this time.

If there are updates I will respond here.

1 Like

Awesome thanks a lot :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

We are hoping to have it ready for our next release.

If there are more updates I will respond here.

2 Likes

I’m also waiting because I can’t compile this plugin myself under 5.2

1 Like

Hi. Can we at least get a working build for UE 5.2? It’s the only plugin holding me back from upgrading my project. I’m checking every day for builds that will work but not finding anything. Getting all sorts of compile errors and I’m not sure how to fix them.

2 Likes

Hi,

We are hoping to have it ready for our next release.

1 Like

How did you fix the internal compiler error? Would be nice to work while waiting for the newest FMOD version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Same here, I really need to update to 5.2 and this release has been released for quite long now.
I don’t understand why FMOD is still not up to date while all other plugins have been for weeks.

@AOOSG I would be interested in your home fix too.

Thanks

it would be awesome if you shed some light on how you managed to do so

I found a fix, I simplified the includes of FMODAssetTable.cpp to

#include "FMODAssetTable.h"

#include "FMODAssetLookup.h"
#include "FMODBank.h"
#include "FMODBankLookup.h"
#include "FMODSettings.h"
1 Like

Got it to work now myself:

1. Changed the includes to be the ones @Brenan posted
  2. Added OptimizeCode = CodeOptimization.Never; in the FMODStudio.Build.cs
  3. Instead of fixing the lines 46 and 71 by adding const in front of the TCHAR msg, I just copy & pasted the whole TEXT(“Failed to load asset lookup”) to the UE_LOG macros
1 Like

Hi,

5.2 support is now available on our downloads page here: https://fmod.com/download#fmodforunreal

5 Likes

Beautiful!!

1 Like

Hi, is it still correct that you have to copy it into your project folder? Because VS19 still throws an error when I put the plugin into the engine folder.

Best regards.

Hi,

I will link to our installation documentation here: Unreal Integration | User Guide. In summary, you want your directory to look like this:

Hope this helps!