I’m trying to integrate Normcore multiplayer SDK into our project. They offer low-latency voice chat by utilizing OnAudioFilterRead(), playing a dummy clip, and then use an audio effect to inject voice data. I’d like to use the FMOD snapshots in our project with the voice chat system - is this possible given the above info? Or is OnAudioFilterRead() strictly for use with the Unity audio engine and therefore not accessible with FMOD? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You should be able to grab data from OnAudioFilterRead and send it through FMOD using a programmer instrument, thus allowing you to take advantage of snapshots. The process would be something like this:
- Setup a programmer instrument in FMOD studio
- Setup your effects, snapshots etc
- Grab your mic data from
- Load the data into an FMOD.Sound, either using
Sound.lock and Sound.unlockor implementing a
- Play that sound through a programmer instrument that you setup in FMOD studio
- Play the programmer sound in Unity
- Call your snapshots, param changes etc
@jeff_fmod Thank you very much for the reply! We’ll try this out and report back.