Volume too low when playing wav files using FMOD Core API

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed reproduction steps and the video. I tested on a Pixel, Huawei, Samsung, and Honor and I was not able to reproduce the issue using the code you provided. Do you have any other test devices you can use?

Hello.

I tested on several devices, but Iā€™m only able to reproduce it with two Pixel 6 Pro (so it happens on all the Pixel 6 Pros, not only on mine), and also with an old Nexus 6, as you can see in this video: FMOD Popping sound with Nexus 6 - YouTube

Although it seems that it doesnā€™t happen in all the Android devices, it would be great if you could reproduce the problem so you can fix it.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have that specific phone currently. I will pass this on to our development team to look into further and if there is any progress I will let you know.

Thank you. I hope you can fix it.

1 Like

Hi,

We are looking into this issue, did you ever try my solution without suspending the mixer? If so, did you still experience the issue? Otherwise, would it be possible to give this solution a go: Volume too low when playing wav files using FMOD Core API - #12 by Connor_FMOD. I understand this is the not the ideal solution, but we want to make sure it is the mixer suspend causing the issue.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for looking into this issue.

The problem occurs after system->mixerResume() (and then system->update()) is called, so, because you are not calling it in your code, it works as expected.

I have just tried the code that reproduces the problem on my Pixel 6 Pro, and it is working fine now, no more pop sounds! My device received a software update last week, maybe this is an issue from Google, and the fixed it. I have read the changelog, but I canā€™t find any mention to itā€¦

The problem is still reproducible on a Nexus 6. Anyway, itā€™s an old device.

I am very sorry if the problem was with Android and not with FMOD, for bothering you with this.

Hi,

Thank you for the information and for sharing the solution. No need to apologize! It is always worth looking into these issues. If you have any more questions, please donā€™t hesitate to ask!

1 Like