What to submit to source control?

Hi there,

I have been looking through the docs as well as online for this for a few hours now, but so far I have not had any luck.

I just started using FMOD Studio and I am about to submit the project to source control (SVN). Which folders should I add to SVN and which ones should I ignore? So far I have the following contents in my project folder:

.cache
.user
Asset
Metadata
Plugins
.fspro

but looking online it would seem there might be other folders added in the future, depending on what I do. My guess is I should ignore the folders starting with a period and add everything else, but I wanted to check with you first.

Thanks!

Hi Sebastian,

We are in the middle of writing some documentation for uploading FMOD Studio projects to a source control repository. Here’s a small excerpt on what you don’t need to submit:

• The contents of your FMOD Studio project folder’s “Build” subdirectory, if you have decided not to check in built banks.

• The contents of your FMOD Studio project folder’s “Assets” subdirectory, if you have decided not to check in asset files.

• Your FMOD Studio project folder’s “.user”, “.cache”, and “.unsaved” subdirectories, if present. Note that these folders are only created as needed, and so are not present in all FMOD Studio projects. They may also be hidden from view, depending on your operating system’s settings.

There are some folders, such as Script, which only appear if you need to use them. Ignoring any folders beginning with a dot and checking everything else in is a good starting point.

Thanks,
Richard

Excellent, thanks!