(1) Naming conventions, (2) Live Update with iOS, and (3) simplest iteration?

@Connor_FMOD Again, gracious thank-you for clarifying. Even if it might seem basic, I want to have the most accurate info to act upon. :slight_smile:

How is renaming of FMOD events handled with Unity integration?

I was looking at various examples where “event:/PATH” is shown, but unclear on how that gets automatically updated, if at all.

Do events and their paths automatically propagate changes with FMOD <-> Unity, or must I take special precautions not to break those “links”?

Outside of Unity, I’ve previously referenced by FMOD GUID which was a fairly foolproof way to organize the hierarchy of an FMOD project without breaking connections. In other words, things that I didn’t know from the beginning, that became clearer later on as the asset count went up and complexity grew. Or another practical example: as certain game characters and elements get renamed as the project continues, I’d prefer to have the most up-to-date names in FMOD so it’s clear what’s referring to what.

I was looking at previous forum inquiries related to this, but they’re from some years ago: Changing asset names and folders in a Unity integrated project - #3 by Tomavatars

1 Like