[Announce] Csound and FMOD...

After much help from the fmod devs I’m happy to announce a new Csound based plugin system for FMOD. With this system it’s possible to host procedural instruments in Csound directly within FMOD studio. The upshot is the ability to use one of the most extensive and mature audio processing languages in existence in the industry’s top audio middleware. The flipside is having to learn to code in Csound! As someone who writes in a lot of languages, I can tell you it’s a hell of lot easier than learning C/C++!

Needless to say, I have to thank everyone on this forum who have answering questions from me in the past few weeks. This project would not exist without their kind assistance and expertise.

More info can be found here:
http://csound.github.io/site/news/2016/07/15/fmod_and_csound

p.s. I apologise if this is not the correct place to post such an announcement. If so, please direct me to a better forum for such things :wink:

1 Like

Great job! man~

1 Like

NTBD

I’m really looking forward to use this plugin! I’m a complete noob in C sound so first I need to learn, but then I’ll use it in UE4. Is it still ok since the time you posted this topic ? I mean, there are both new Fmod Studio and Unreal Engine versions, so does it still work?

Thanks, and great work!

It still works fine. I was using it the other day. I haven’t looked at what’s new in terms of the FMOD api in a while. I must have a read and see if there are some improvements that can be made. If you’ve any questions about developing Csound instruments for use with FMOD you can ask questions on this forum:

Rory.

P.S. I created that forum about a minute ago, so don’t pay any heed the lack of posts in it!

Thanks! I’ll dig more into Csound in a few months as I have to finish a project before. I hope Fmod will support midi one day to get the best of both world!