Unity Editor MacOS Buffer Starvation Error

Hello,

we are getting a problem since I implemented a FootstepManager, getting called through AnimationEvents and running on several copies of the prefab using it (around 60). The error freezes the entire Editor after about 10 seconds of the playtest but only on Macs, Windows isn’t bothered at all and when built, it also works on Mac.

This is what the log looks like:
[FMOD] OutputRingBuffer::read : Buffer starvation detected, requested 8192 bytes, 4096 / 16384 bytes available.

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[]) UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object) UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object) FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, StringWrapper, Int32, StringWrapper, StringWrapper) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:32)

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs Line: 32)

I tried suggestions from similar posts concerning “Buffer starvation”, but to no avail as I’m not really sure what’s going on. I’m using FMOD Studio 2.00.1 and Unity 2018.3.12f1.

This won’t be freezing the editor but it is a side effect of the editor freezing. The “Buffer starvation detected” warning means that the mixer was too slow to output sound briefly.

Thanks for the reply, looking further into it we determined it to be a logging issue. Assumingly some sort of endless loop for logging messages. The issue was fixed when setting the Logging Level to NONE in the FMOD Settings in Unity.