FMOD Version 2.01.09 and 2.01.10
I wanted to attach a project as well, but it won’t let me. If you want a testproject with the setup already done let me know.
There is a serious Bug regarding labeled parameter automation, resp. if a labeled parameter gets atuomated by ANY other parameter.
This only gets obvious when trying to base e.g. a transition conditon on the automated labeled parameter.
When trying to make Transitions conditionally based on the Controlled Parameter, it would work in 99% of the cases, but some values just wont trigger the transition. i tried various solutions, like re-making the Controlled Parameter etc. but nothing worked.
If I would MOVE the not working labels to other values they would work again, but other Labels/values that move onto the newly free’d position will then instead NO LONGER work.
Meaning the causing trouble might be the float value itself or the automation mapping. so my best guess would be there is some floating point issue or some error when jumping between these discrete values that causes this.
The float values of a controlled labeled parameter that never work are:
7, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30 - as far as i have tested (i stopped around value 45 with testing)
and it does not even matter how i automate the labeled parameter, it’s just THAT i automate them in any way, it doesnt even matter with what i automate it.
(Not to mention, it is a pain to map those things in such a small automation window in the parameter editor when you use (like me) two big labeled parameters that both have around 50 entries.)
Steps to reproduce:
- empty project
- create new event EVENT with timeline
- create destination marker somewhere
- create transition region + loop in same length prior to destination marker
- create labeled param TESTPARAM with 45 entries (global) (EDIT after FMOD response: for ppl that read this later) - it needs to have values from 0 - 45, so 46 entries to recreate the bug)
- create some other global param
- add TESTPARAM sheet to EVENT
- add conditional to transition region for the label with VALUE 7 (or 14, 15, 28, 29, 30)
- add automation to TESTPARAM, select other param, add curve
- set e.g. that ALL possible values take the Label with value 7
- start event, let playhead move into transition region
- observe that playhead keeps playing in loop, although conditional is met (ALSO: conditional is highlighted, funny enough)
Took me quite some time to figure this out…
looking forward to a fix, thank you