Different spatialization in the same event?

I have an event that is a song and different players in online multiplayer can join in on different instruments.

I currently have multiple tracks in my event, one for each player, and on each track I have a spatializer.
However FMOD is not letting me preview multiple instances of this effect. I need there to be multiple instances so that (for example) the drums can come from my left ear and guitar can come from my right. As each player moves around, each spatializer would update in real time.

Is there any way my goal could be accomplished?

Have you tried using FMOD Studio’s sandbox window? It exists for this exact purpose.

Thank you for your reply, I did try the sandbox window, however it wasn’t working for my desired effect as I was trying to get multiple sound emitters from the same event. I did find a workaround for my project that I will put here for anyone looking.

This doesn’t answer the question, can you have different spatialization instances in the same event, but it is a solution for wanting multiple sound sources to be synced up.

=============================
For my example, I want players in my game to play instruments in a band, but have those sounds emitted from those multiple, different players.

1. I have a master event that contains every instrument on a different audio track.
  2. On each audio track I have a transmitter effect put on the post end. I set each track to a different unique channel number (i.e. guitar is 1, drums is 2, etc.) Make sure to set the transmitter to transmitting mode!
  3. After the transmitter on the effect chain, I put a gain effect set to negative infinity. This makes sure no sound is comes from my master event, where it would bypass my spatulizers, thus voiding the effect.
  4. Then, I made separate events, one for each instrument. I didn’t create an audio track as I didn’t need one.
  5. On the master track, on pre effects, I load a transmitter, this time on receive mode. I set the channel to the one that contains the correct instrument signal. (i.e. guitar is 1, drums is 2, etc.)
  6. On the post end, I put the spatializer.
  7. The event/timeline, though completely empty, should play music as long as the master event created in step one is playing, and signal is coming to the transmitter.
  8. This can all be tested out in sandbox as well, with the master event loaded in and the instrument events scattered about. Dragging a listener around will change the volume and panning of each track.
  9. This also ended up being a good solution, as multiple instances of the same event can be spawned, thus negating a need for several tracks, instruments, and parameters to be created on a master. This solution needs NO EXTRA PARAMETERS!!!
    =============================

I will update if I have any issues with this. While this isn’t a solve for wanting multiple spatulizers, it does solve my specific issue and most likely could be applied to projects with similar problems.

EDIT: This also works if you have multiple songs you want to play. You can have a seperate Master event with a new song on it, and have the instruments transmitted to the same channels. You don’t need to create new instrument events because it’s the exact same set of channels.

No. Each event instance has only one location for the purposes of spatialization.

If you want an event instance to sound like it’s playing in multiple different locations, you need to route the signal to multiple different event instances - just as you have done in your workaround.

It sounds like your workaround will work perfectly for your use-case. I’m glad to hear you were able to achieve the behaviour you wanted.