FMod Integration - Compiler Errors

Hi there,

I’m having a problem with using / compiling Csharp scripts, when running the Rollaball demo (and following Tutorials on FMOD TV). FMOD types are not being automatically recognised in Mono-Develop and then some lines will not compile and give the error “The type or namespace ‘FMOD’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?”.

It is a new install of Unity (5.4.0f3) Personal and FMOD 1.08.10 - running on Mac 10.11.6 and I have followed the instructions in the tutorial exactly.

I did notice that some of the sounds in the FMOD file, differ from the Tutorial. Has something been updated in the downloads and inadvertently broken a link? How does Mono-Develop / Unity become aware of the additional FMOD types? Is there anything extra I need to add.

I saw another user with the exact same issue - but his message has been deleted or moved.

Please help!

Many thanks,
Mike

Have you followed the step of installing the integration correctly?

Do you have any outstanding compiler errors?

Hi Nicholas - I believe so, I have been following the steps given the FMOD TV tutorials. I shall try agin with a fresh install on my MacBook. In the Downloads section of the FMOD site, there are three different asset packages for the Rollaball demo, does it matter which one I choose?

• Unity Tutorial Video Assets files - Rollaball demo level - user to complete
  • Unity Tutorial Video Assets files - Rollaball demo level - completed implementation
  • Unity Tutorial Video Assets files - Rollaball FMOD Studio project

Thanks for your help,
Mike

If you start with the “Rollaball demo level - user to complete” then you need to start at Video 1 - Installing the Integration. So for that you’ll need to actual integration “Unity Integration for Windows/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android/WinPhone V2.0”