FMOD, Resonance Audio, Unity, Oculus Quest 2 - Unable to get sound to play on quest

Hello! I’m unable to get my audio to play over the oculus quest 2 speakers. I have a feeling it is to do with my project settings. I’ve tried to create a simple scene including an ‘OVRCameraRig’ (FMOD Studio Listener attached to the CenterEyeAnchor) and an FMOD Studio Event Emitter attached to a cube. When I press play on my desktop the audio works through laptop speakers//headphones but when I build and run the app to the quest I hear nothing…

Perhaps it has to do with the audio manager of the oculus?

My System:
macbook pro running Big Sur 11.2.3
FMOD Studio 2.02.04
integration: fmodstudio20204.unitypackage (ie. 2.02.04)
resonance audio: ResonanceAudioForUnity_1.2.1.unitypackage (ie. 1.2.1)

Would appreciate any help! Thank you!

I know that manually selecting an audio device is a requirement for Rift, though I am not sure if it applies to Quest 2.
Some logging information would be helpful to figure out what’s going wrong here. In your FMOD Unity settings can you please set your Logging Level to “Log” and tick Enable API Error Logging, and send through a complete log?

Hi Jeff, thank you for your response - here’s what i logged with a successful build to the quest 2 (but still no sound)

FMOD: Selected binaries for platform Android:

• Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/fmod.jar
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/arm64-v8a/libfmod.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/arm64-v8a/libfmodstudio.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/armeabi-v7a/libfmod.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/armeabi-v7a/libfmodstudio.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/x86/libfmod.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/x86/libfmodstudio.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/arm64-v8a/libresonanceaudio.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/armeabi-v7a/libresonanceaudio.so
  • Enabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/x86/libresonanceaudio.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/arm64-v8a/libfmodL.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/arm64-v8a/libfmodstudioL.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/armeabi-v7a/libfmodL.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/armeabi-v7a/libfmodstudioL.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/x86/libfmodL.so
  • Disabled Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/android/lib/x86/libfmodstudioL.so
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeUtils:DebugLog (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeUtils.cs:517)
    FMODUnity.EditorSettings:SelectBinaries (FMODUnity.Platform,UnityEditor.BuildTarget,FMODUnity.Platform/BinaryType) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:602)
    FMODUnity.EditorSettings:PreprocessBuild (UnityEditor.BuildTarget,FMODUnity.Platform/BinaryType) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:489)
    FMODUnity.EditorSettings/BuildProcessor:OnPreprocessBuild (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:631)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

That was the only log I got from FMOD … here is screenshot of some of my settings:

Also to note: I am able to hear the sound in the quest when I use FMOD’s default spatializer plugin and not the resonance plugin…

Ok - sorry for all the messages - I am also getting these errors:

[FMOD] System::loadBankFile(file:///android_asset/Master.bank, 0, 0x71291ccb40) returned ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING for STUDIO_SYSTEM (0x1FFF1F).

FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:ERROR_CALLBACK(IntPtr, SYSTEM_CALLBACK_TYPE, IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr)

BankLoadException: [FMOD] Could not load bank ‘file:///android_asset/Master.bank’ : ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING : A requested output, dsp unit type or codec was not available.

Thanks for the extra info, if you unpack the apk can you see the resonanceaudio plugin anywhere?

I think this is the same issue

Possibly, can you please try updating to 2.02.06 and see if you are still running into this issue?

i am facing same issue

Fmod plugins like steam audio and resonance audio .dll file not found error is showing in unity, but actually they are in correct directory

Hi,

What version of FMOD are you using?

This is a known issue where the integration is adding an additional Asset/ to the file path. A workaround can be found here: FMOD trying to find Resonance Audio in wrong directory - #2 by 7Dev. This issue will hopefully be fixed in the next update.

I am using Fmod studio v2.02.17
Fmod unity integration v2.02.17
Unity v2021.3.21f1

these are the versions

1 Like