Fmodstudiosettings.asset keeps appearing in git without changing anything

I ran the game to test it and then exited out of play mode and didn’t do anything. I looked in git and there wasn’t any change. Then when I closed unity, I saw that a “change” happened in fmodstudiosettings.asset.
This happens a lot. Should I put this file in gitignore?
Thank you

That settings file should not be added to the git ignore file. That file contains all the settings for the project, so if it’s ignored in Git other developers will need to set everything up again

There is a gitignore file you can use over on GitHub which will show you what files to include:

https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-unity?version=2.02&page=user-guide.html#using-source-control

Thank you for replying.
Ok but why does it keep coming up without changing anything? I tried committing this file once and it still came up.

Are you able to diff the file on your computer with the file on the server? How do they differ?

I’m having the same issue. All of our developers keep seeing this file change every time they work on the project but none of them are touching FMOD (or even have it installed except the audio engineers).

Here is an example of what is changing.

If you have one user check in an updated version of the Fmodstudiosettings.asset file and everyone syncs up to this latest file, do you still observe the source control finding changes in this file?

I’ve been testing this behaviour and I can get this to happen with older versions of FMOD for Unity but not with the latest. Could you please update to the latest version of the FMOD for Unity you are on and see if you are experiencing the same issue?

We upgraded Unity and so far haven’t noticed this issue. I’ll let you know if it pops up again!

Can you specify in what version the problem is present and what version fixed it ?
I’m working with 2.02.04 and I also have this issue. Wondering if it was fixed in later releases or not.

Thanks

I don’t remember which exact version I used, but it seems like 2.02.05 was the latest at the time of my post. Can you update to 2.02.05 or later and check if you are seeing the same issue?

We’ve got the same problem since started using FMOD. We’re now on Unity 2022.2.7f1 with FMOD 2.02.07 and still having this issue. It seems that it just reorders the list every time the project is opened on a new machine. It gets really annoying because FMOD breaks and spams lots of error messages when this file is edited outside of the Unity, and we have to restart the editor to fix it.

Just happened to me again:

with this error message:
ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: PS4
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <83161767e3f34f4a9c1453ea3e22d1f1>:0) System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <83161767e3f34f4a9c1453ea3e22d1f1>:0)
FMODUnity.EditorSettings.AddPlatformForBuildTargets (FMODUnity.Platform platform) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:85)
FMODUnity.Settings.LinkPlatform (FMODUnity.Platform platform) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:446)
FMODUnity.Settings.ForEachPlatform (System.Action`1[T] action) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:412)
FMODUnity.Settings.OnEnable () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:631)
UnityEngine.Resources:Load(String)
FMODUnity.Settings:Initialize() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:263)
FMODUnity.EditorUtils:CallStartupMethodsWhenReady() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:439)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Don’t include it in your source control. FMOD will generate it on each machine as needed - you can ignore it for source control.

Oh, interesting! Thanks.

Hi, this goes counter to what’s written on every other thread about this. Should FMODStudioSettings.asset be in gitignore or not?

Wow, good catch. My statement was incorrect. FMODStudioSettings.asset should not be in gitignore, it should be added to source control. My apologies.