FMODStudioSettings.asset keeps appearing in version control with no changes

We’ve had these three options checked for a long time but they don’t seem to affect FMODStudioSettings.asset or a couple others like QualitySettings.asset. We experimented toggling them and found that #2 and #3 are the same underlying option (they turn on/off together):

Pending Changes > What to find:
1) Find changed files in the workspace
2) Check the content to determine files as changed, not just timestamp

Preferences > Other options:
3) Check content (hash) when the file timestamp is modified to set it as "Changed"

I have Pending Changes > What to find > Show checkouts on since I like seeing if I’m blocking anyone. If I uncheck it then FMODStudioSettings.asset goes away but I still get an error about pending changes for it if I try to switch branches.

Maybe there is a third element besides its content and timestamp that is the cause, associated with how Unity sets the file dirty? Unity shouldn’t check it out unless it’s saved (via Ctrl+S) with more changes than just the timestamp?

These two posts are similar to our problem. Given that it’s not just Plastic SCM, is it likely that a Unity upgrade could affect this? If so then this is something we could fix ourselves at some point.

Thanks again.