I’ve gleaned various answers leading up to this, for which I’m grateful. But I haven’t quite found a precedent for this, so I’d appreciate any insight.
Say I have multiple events with parameters setup whose names I want to appear in the in-game UI, as sliders with corresponding text. This is the use case scenario:
- Various FMOD events (containing Programmer Instruments or other instruments playing looped sounds) have 1-4 parameters mapped.
- There is a way in the game to play one of those events, and alongside it, show the 1-4 parameters with sliders/knobs, and the parameter names.
- It will only show UI controls for active parameters. So if an event has 2 parameters named “Volume” and “Intensity”, it only shows 2 UI sliders/knobs with those exact label names, "Volume and “Intensity”.
- So basically, this particular control panel adapts to match whatever the active event — and its parameters — have available.
- Assume “Parameter scope” = “Local”
How would I do this with FMOD and Unity?
I see this section which is presumably related: https://fmod.com/docs/2.00/api/studio-api-eventinstance.html#studio_eventinstance_getparameterbyname