Issue with Live Connecting in 2.02.15

Hi guys, as the title says, I seem to be having a hard time trying to live connect FMOD to Unity when the game is running, FYI, FMOD version number is in the subject of this thread, and the Unity version is 1. Unity v2022.3.0f1.

This is the log I get from Unity’s console when attempting to live connect.

[FMOD] FMOD_OS_Net_Listen : Cannot listen for connections, port 9264 is currently in use.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeUtils:DebugLogWarning (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeUtils.cs:569)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK (FMOD.DEBUG_FLAGS,intptr,int,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:81)

Hi,

This issue is typically caused by port 9264 being used by another instance of FMOD Studio, or another process. The following post contains instructions on how to identify whether another process is using the port: Studio was unable to connect to "localhost" error with Unity 2021 - #2 by jeff_fmod

Please give this a shot and see whether it resolves the issue.

Hi Louis, thanks for chiming in. I tried this but no results, the following is what I can see if I enter that into command prompt.

C:\Users\Jesse Jones>netstat -a -n -o | find “9264”
TCP 0.0.0.0:9264 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 5532

I would assume the process with the ID 5532 in this case is in fact Unity, but can you confirm that for me?

Additionally:

• If you change the live update port to another port both in FMOD Studio and in Unity at FMOD Settings → Platform Specific → Editor → Live Update Port, can you connect with Live Update?
  • Can you provide a log from Unity where you experience the “port in use” warning with your Logging Level in FMOD Settings → Initialization set to “Log”?
  • Just to confirm - do you have any additional instances (or processes that are lingering after closing) of Unity with FMOD for Unity running when you experience this warning?