Multi channel sound files

Hello, I’m new on Fmod so forgive me if this is a basic question.
In my unity I have managed to play my sound (simple stereo sound) when something happens in my scene.
What I have to do next is to specify in which output channels of my audio interface (Motu 828 mk3 Hybrid) this sound is going.
Every time I enter this scene I will read the channel number from a file and play that sound on that channel.
In particular, in some scenes I will have to play the sound on 4 channels (2 default stereo, as I am doing now) + 2 other outputs.

Ideally that means I have these situations:

1. plays sound on Motu analog ouptut 1-2
  2. plays sound on Motu analog output 3-4
  3. plays sound on Motu analog output 1-2-3-4

I am using VR headsets (oculus/vive), just in case it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Hi, here’s an update:

in FMOD studio everything seems fine. I found the best way to do it is to setup 3 tracks and using the Channel Mix effect on each of the to select which outputs to use. It works perfectly

In Unity instead I have problems. The audio does not play in the Motu interface but in the VR headset speakers.
The audio tracks that are playing in each scene (i.e. track1 is in Scene 1, track2 in Scene 2, track3 in Scene 3) are correct but they don’t seem to be either connected with FMOD or not sent to the correct output.
I have to say that I don’t have to do any changes to sound tracks in FMOD while the game is playing, I just want to have each track to be sent to a specific analog output.

What could it be or how would I go about debugging the issue?

To playback the sound in my scene’s game-controller I am using this code:

GetComponent<FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter>().Event = "event:/Track1";
GetComponent<FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter>().Play();

Thanks

anyone…?

It sound like the settings in Unity may be set to Stereo, you will need to change this to match your Studio project: https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-unity?version=2.2&page=user-guide.html#setting-your-speaker-mode.