Raw Audio Data at Different Positions

How can I get raw Audio data (3d) at different positions in unity ?

If that doesn’t work, is there a way to get raw audio data out from fmod Listener in unity ?

Basically i have multiple players at different positions and I want to send their 3d audio data back to backend, is there a way to do this?

It’s certainly possible to extract raw audio data from an FMOD system - our DSP capture example provides an example of just that - but can I get you to elaborate a little more on the details of what you’re trying to do? Do you have multiple players/listeners in the same game instance, or a single player/listener per game instance with multiple game instances?

I have multiple users in a single game instance, all these users can have 3d audio, and I want to send that audio to backend. Please share some references of how I can do that.

The DSP data will be same for everyone right ? How can I get it taking their position/spatial audio into account.

FMOD’s listener is not an object that you can receive audio data from - it is simply a representation of a listener 3D attributes - i.e. their position, rotation, and velocity in 3D space. This information is then used by spatialization effects like the FMOD spatializer alongside event instance 3D attributes to calculate signal panning.

Fundamentally, FMOD’s 3D spatialization is designed around having a single listener (or a single product of a blend between multiple listeners), and as a result a single FMOD system cannot automatically spatialize audio for multiple distinct users.

The simplest way to work around this would be to run one FMOD system per “user”, but depending on the complexity of your FMOD project and game this may incur too much overhead.

The other solution would be to partially or entirely override the panning/spatialization with your own, duplicating the signal for all event instances and spatializing them per-user. However, this is considerably more complex and would likely involve making modifications to the underlying DSP graph and calculating panning yourself.