"Update Event References" Scan isn't showing results

Does anything special need to be done for Unity’s FMOD menu > Update Event References?

It sounds useful but I haven’t gotten it to work.

I moved some folders around and it knows things have moved, but it isn’t showing anything when I click Scan. The window stays blank.

I have to go one by one into individual events and update them with the wrench icon.

This is on FMOD 2.02.07 and Unity 2019.4.32f1

Hi,

The updater should open if there are any mismatches between event paths and their GUIDs. Could you test renaming a event in FMOD Studio, rebuilding your banks and then opening Unity. This should prompt the Updater to open.

Yes @Connor_FMOD to confirm, that’s EXACTLY how I’m testing. It shows this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 2.39.16 AM

But when it opens the FMOD Event Reference window and I click Scan, there are no results.

I also tried changing Event Linking = GUID per Fastest way to audition sounds in Audio Bin > Assets? but after renaming existing events, am now seeing “Path doesn’t match GUID” errors after testing, so it didn’t switch over as smoothly as I expected.

Hi,

If you create a new Unity project and add the FMOD, do you experience the same issue? Or is it just isolated to this project?

I am not able to recreate the issue on my end. Is it possible to upload a copy of your project to your profile for us to test?

1 Like

@Connor_FMOD I haven’t had a chance to try anew, but it’s been doing this since the FMOD project was very simple and contained few events.

Is Unity version known to make a difference here? Since we are on Unity 2019.4.32f1. As you know, upgrading to a newer version is not trivial, especially as there are other non-audio dependencies involved, so not a realistic short-term option at this time.

I’ll Message you, thank you!

UPDATE: I found out what the issue was. I was trying to Scan in Play mode and the window was over the Console so I didn’t see the error. THANKS AGAIN!

1 Like

Good to hear its solved!