Viking Village Footstep Script

Hello,

I found the footstep script on GitHub for implementing footsteps and when I put the footstep.cs file in the scripts folder I get a compiler issue again. I know the script must be for the older version of Unity and FMOD so is there a way to update it or is there a more updated version of the script somewhere out there? Apologies, I have little to no experience with coding and this is the only thing holding me back from completing the Viking Village FMOD Unity integration tutorial.

I get these errors:

Assets/Scripts/Footsteps.cs(203,11): error CS1061: ‘EventInstance’ does not contain a definition for ‘getParameter’ and no accessible extension method ‘getParameter’ accepting a first argument of type ‘EventInstance’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

and

Assets/Scripts/Footsteps.cs(202,21): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘ParameterInstance’ does not exist in the namespace ‘FMOD.Studio’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

The footstep.cs file you found is likely made for FMOD 1.10 and not FMOD 2.0.

There have been a number of major changes, one of which is an overhaul of the Parameter API:
https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-unity?version=2.0&page=welcome-whats-new-200.html#new-parameter-api