Broken guids

Hello,

I am a developer and I was doing an instrument of sorts that would connect Animation events to sounds.

After creating the instrument, we found that some of the guids were broken. Renaming does fix them individually but they are some that are still broken.

There are two types of broken guids: 1. FMOD could not find event by guid
2. FMOD found event but the wrong one (for example, we have sounds for male and female deaths, but for some reason when we reference female death it finds male and when we search male everything is fine)

is there anyway to fix guids all at once?

Hi,

What version of FMOD studio and Unity FMOD integration are you using?

Would it be possible to elaborate a bit on how to reproduce the issue that breaks the GUIDs?

Is the project stored in a folder that’s cloud synchronized by a service such as DropBox? If so, could you please move it to another location, or disable cloud synchronization for that folder? As cloud synchronization services or a source control solution could potentially cause files to not be available when FMOD Studio needs them.

Could you please try to validate the project FMOD Studio | 14. Using Source Control | 14.8.2 Project Validation.

Alternatively, you could use Event Reference Updater to see if it fix the problem.

Let me know if the issue persists, please don’t hesitate to ask questions.