Importer(NativeFormatImporter) error on FMODStudioCache

Hi,

I’m using the 2.02 Fmod and 2021.1.11f1 of Unity, getting the following warning after every time I play the project in editor.

Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:76c03a8e8d5be912ca02c2415250c1b0) "Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Cache/Editor/FMODStudioCache.asset"
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportAsset (string)
FMODUnity.EventManager:UpdateCacheBank (FMODUnity.EditorBankRef,bool&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:427)
FMODUnity.EventManager:UpdateCache () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:270)
FMODUnity.EventManager:RefreshBanks () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:28)
FMODUnity.EventManager:Startup () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:538)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions ()

The guid is pointing to the FMODStudioCache meta file, and the error goes away after deleting for the first play, but after being regenerated and I go to play a second time I get the error again.

Any ideas?

This looks like the same issue describe in the below thread, Ben provided some links but we believe this is a Unity issue.

For sure, I think this has something to do with the way Unity is working it.

However, (for those that might find it useful), I was previously async loading FMOD banks via code. As soon as I removed that and just loaded banks in-level with the FMOD Studio Bank Loader Component the error went away. Maybe not related, but this solved it for me.

Cheers.

EDIT: Cancel that. For some reason, it vanished for a while then came back. It’s definitely Unity. Although, its resolved according to them in the version I’m using. I’ll keep an eye out on their bug tracking.