No sound coming through groups

Hi!

I’m Juan and currently no sound comes through my group buses. Events work well as I can hear music out when they’re not under a group channel. I’ve watched the youtube tutorial and now I’m puzzled since all should be working according to it but I can’t find why there’s no sound. BTW I attached the script that catches the bus for being set up in a menu in the future

Could you lend me a hand with this please?

Cheers

Looking at your screenshots, I can’t see anything that would prevent your groups buses from working, which means I’ll need more information to determine the cause of this issue.

Are there any effects in the signal chains of your group buses, your project’s master bus, or your events’ audio tracks? Certain effects (such as the transceiver effect and the Resonance audio effects) bypass normal bus routing.

Does your project feature any snapshots, and if so what do they effect, and when are they active? A snapshot can adjust the value of any property within its scope without changing the base value of the property displayed in the mixer, and so may potentially cause a bus to be silent.

What version of FMOD Studio are you using? I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue in any version of FMOD Studio that I’ve tested with.

To clarify, does the issue occur only in your Unity game? Or does it also occur when auditioning events in FMOD Studio? If it only occurs in Unity, have you tried re-building the project’s banks?

Are there any effects in the signal chains of your group buses, your project’s master bus, or your events’ audio tracks? Certain effects (such as the transceiver effect and the Resonance audio effects) bypass normal bus routing.

There’s any additional routing to that one shown in the screenshots

Does your project feature any snapshots, and if so what do they effect, and when are they active? A snapshot can adjust the value of any property within its scope without changing the base value of the property displayed in the mixer, and so may potentially cause a bus to be silent.

There are not snapshots set up in the project

What version of FMOD Studio are you using? I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue in any version of FMOD Studio that I’ve tested with.

I’m currently using FMOD Studio 2.00.11

To clarify, does the issue occur only in your Unity game? Or does it also occur when auditioning events in FMOD Studio? If it only occurs in Unity, have you tried re-building the project’s banks?

Good questions, here’s where things get really odd. Auditioning events in FMOD is possible, btw you can see the volume meters working in the mixer. If you build the banks, you should get sound in unity but that’s not happening. I doubt I can delete and create the banks from scratch since the FMOD handles version control with GitLab. I could ask the team member in charge of the repository if I can do that but I just want to make sure with you there’s another way to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

If the events audition correctly in FMOD Studio, the problem must lie somewhere in Unity.

Could you please describe in detail how you update the banks in your Unity game? Starting from when you select “File > Build” or “File > Build All Platforms” in FMOD Studio.

Thanks for your suggestion Joseph! But it was a code error this time

As you can see in the pic I’m setting the volume without knowing to 0 (musicVolume float default value) before and then I get it. So this might be a good reminder for us beginner coders on properties and the way they work.

Have a lovely day Joseph!

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.