[FMOD] Initialization failed : Output forced to NO SOUND mode : ERR_INTERNAL : An error occurred that wasn't supposed to. Contact support

Hi,
we are currently using unity 2020.3.25 and fmod 2.02.04.

On a release build we are getting a few bugsnag reports with the above exception. The range of devices is quite wide (huawei, samsung, oppo, asus), but we are unable to reproduce it internally. I did some digging related to this error, found a few suggestions/reasons (volume 0 disables audio device; change lowlevel api to sles i.e) but i’m kinda against doing blind changes and testing this in the wild.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Could I please get a screenshot of your FMOD Settings Unity Toolbar -> FMOD -> Edit Settings -> Platform Specific -> Andriod:
And a screenshot of the Build Preferences inside your FMOD Studio Project Edit -> Preferences -> Build:

in unity we are currently using defaults

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Are there any other logs that you are getting when the error is thrown?

That’s just it… we also cannot repo it. And the release version is, well release :slight_smile: no logs

I see, without more information to go on it is difficult to try to solve the issue. If at any point you get more information about the bug please let me know and I will keep an eye out for a solution as well.

Apologies I can’t assist further.